Things to do
Historic Maldon in the Central Victorian Goldfields is classified by the National Trust as “Australia’s First Notable Town”. There are many things to see and do in the area including riding the steam train, visiting Carman’s Tunnel gold mine or Vintage Machinery Museum.
Take the Historic Town Walk, or one of the other marked walks in the town or bush, or just browse in the secondhand, antique, craft or other specialty shops.
Enjoy a meal, a snack or a coffee at one of the several hotels, restaurants, cafes or tea rooms in Maldon.
To assist you with your stay, we recommend that you visit the award winning Maldon Visitor Information Centre in High Street.
- Ballarat, Bendigo, Castlemaine and Daylesford are all within an hours drive of Maldon.
- The Hepburn Springs Spa Complex is 30 minutes away.
- Excellent wines, especially reds, are made in Central Victoria and there are six wineries that are no more than 30 minutes drive, and many more within an hour. The delightful Welshmans Reef Vineyard is only 5 minutes away.
- Lake Cairn Curran is 10 minutes away.
- Our property adjoins the forest and is very peaceful – you are welcome to roam.
- Bring your bicycles or your pets, though dogs must not be allowed to roam unsupervised.